Vintage Telescope book 100 vintage Astronomy books DVD
Learn about Telescopes with "Pleasures of the Telescope"
PLUS 100 Vintage Astronomy books on DVD
especially focusing on the planets
and the solar system
(Astronomy Set 3)
Pleasures of the Telescope is a vintage book about telescopes and how to use them..
A quote from "Pleasures of the Telescope" says "In order to get around the obstacle formed by chromatic aberration it is necessary to make the object glass of a refractor consist of two lenses, each composed of a different kind of glass. One of the most interesting facts in the history of the telescope is that Sir Isaac Newton could see no hope that chromatic aberration would be overcome, and accordingly turned his attention to the improvement of the reflecting telescope and devised a form of that instrument which still goes under his name. And even after Chester More Hall in 1729, and John Dollond in 1757, had shown that chromatic aberration could be nearly eliminated by the combination of a flint-glass lens with one of crown glass, William Herschel, who began his observations in 1774, devoted his skill entirely to the making of reflectors, seeing no prospect of much advance in the power of refractors."
The Story of the Solar System - George F Chambers
From Nebula to Nebula - George H Lepper
Sketches of Creation - Alexander Winchell
The Elements of the four inner planets - Simon Newcomb
The Story of the Sun - Robert S Ball
- All our books come with a printed disk in a dvd mailer.
- Your order will be posted within 24-48 hours of payment being received.
- The Ebooks will be sent to you on a DVD.
- All of the Ebooks are in PDF format and are easily searchable.
- You will need a PDF reader to view the Ebooks
- Adobe Acrobat Reader can be downloaded for free from http://www.adobe.com/reader
- If you want more information about the Ebooks then please contact us
SALE! BUY ANY 3 DISKS AND GET A 4TH DISK FREE!
Pay for all 3 DISKS with Paypal and send a "message to seller" at checkout in paypal with the name of the DISK you want free. The 4th free disk must be the lowest price disk of your four disks.